Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smash Bros Brawl Official Release Date - 27th June

+3
Adamc94
Thatch
sean_t
7 posters

Go down

Smash Bros Brawl Official Release Date - 27th June Empty Smash Bros Brawl Official Release Date - 27th June

Post  sean_t Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:22 pm

What is Super Smash Brothers Brawl?

Smash Bros Brawl Official Release Date - 27th June Banner1

Super Smash Brothers Brawl is a fighting game made by Nintendo where the objective is to knock the opponent off the screen. Brawl is the third in the series after the original N64 game and Smash Bros:Melee for the gamecube. This is perhaps the most anticipated wii game of the year and is already out in both Japan and the U.S.A. No official release date has been confirmed for Europe as of now.

Smash Bros Brawl Official Release Date - 27th June Wario_071128c-lSmash Bros Brawl Official Release Date - 27th June Various19_071217f-l

So what's all the fuss about?

As mentioned above this is probably the most anticipated wii game of the year. With 35 characters from Nintendo games, countless stages and perhaps the best sound track ever to feature in a game, many gamers can't wait to see this on Eu shores. What's more Sakurai, the director of Smash Bros has announced two third party characters will feature in the games - namely Sonic from the Sonic series and Snake from the Metal Gear Solid series. What's more, Melee scored great scores from almost all reviewers, and is this is an enhanced version of Melee this game should receive excellent scores.

What's the gameplay like?

The one goal of this game is to get the opponent of the stage. Each character has different attacks, and as an opponent loses more damagethey fly further upon being hit. This makes it easier for them to be hit off the screen.

Smash Bros Brawl Official Release Date - 27th June Basic01_070522c.

However each character has a host of moves they can use to recover when being hit off the screen.

Moreover for the first time ever, online multiplayer has been announced. This looks set to add even more replay value. Also a new story mode called the subspace emissary has been announced. For more information check out http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/index.html

Reviews (Us Version)

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/856/856580p1.html

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=183358

http://uk.gamespot.com/wii/action/supersmashbros/review.html?sid=6187411&tag=topslot;title;1&om_act=convert&om_clk=topslot

Okay I'm sold. Where scan i pre-oreder it from cheaply?

It is available online here for £27.99. Thanks to Cpt. Mainwaring from the onm forum for that price.

Despite having never played the previous games in the series this really excites me. 35 characters, a solo mode, 4 player online battle, tons of collectible items, amazing stages, awesome music and classic game demos? Is this heaven on a disc?
Discuss!

Last edited by sean_t on Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:30 pm; edited 6 times in total
sean_t
sean_t

Male Number of posts : 33
Achievement Points :
Smash Bros Brawl Official Release Date - 27th June Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Smash Bros Brawl Official Release Date - 27th June Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-02-04

Back to top Go down

Smash Bros Brawl Official Release Date - 27th June Empty Re: Smash Bros Brawl Official Release Date - 27th June

Post  Thatch Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:17 am

The anticipation of this game is letting it down IMO.

I can see why people are getting excited, but to post all the characters, game modes and extras doesn "wash well" with me. I think when games are anticipated too much and are good nonetheless, people are always sitting there wanting something more because of what they expected or were told.

I didn't have SSBM anyway so I'm not overly excited.
Borrowed the game a few weeks ago off a friend and I suck at it so I will probably get thrashed by everyone online. Though, I can watch other people play! Laughing
Thatch
Thatch

Male Number of posts : 54
Achievement Points :
Smash Bros Brawl Official Release Date - 27th June Left_bar_bleue80 / 10080 / 100Smash Bros Brawl Official Release Date - 27th June Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-30

Back to top Go down

Smash Bros Brawl Official Release Date - 27th June Empty Re: Smash Bros Brawl Official Release Date - 27th June

Post  Adamc94 Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:37 pm

Thatch wrote:The anticipation of this game is letting it down IMO.

I can see why people are getting excited, but to post all the characters, game modes and extras doesn "wash well" with me. I think when games are anticipated too much and are good nonetheless, people are always sitting there wanting something more because of what they expected or were told.

I didn't have SSBM anyway so I'm not overly excited.
Borrowed the game a few weeks ago off a friend and I suck at it so I will probably get thrashed by everyone online. Though, I can watch other people play! Laughing

Meh. Same here it looks like one of those over rated game that are 'said' to be amazing and actually dies out quickly. *ahem* super mario galaxy...
Adamc94
Adamc94

Male Number of posts : 39
Achievement Points :
Smash Bros Brawl Official Release Date - 27th June Left_bar_bleue20 / 10020 / 100Smash Bros Brawl Official Release Date - 27th June Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-17

http://www.freewebs.com/adamc94

Back to top Go down

Post  Hodgie Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:34 am

Brawl will be great, just not as great as some people are expecting it to be! We'll see in due course. I'm preparing myself for a HUGE review coming on the site a few days after release. Very Happy
Keep us up to day with any news please sean! Great topic.
Hodgie
Hodgie
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 93
Achievement Points :
Smash Bros Brawl Official Release Date - 27th June Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Smash Bros Brawl Official Release Date - 27th June Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-02-02

https://nintendoblog.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:37 pm

well as I have the game (yes yes I imported) I can safely say that it is brilliant. Just dont expect for it to be as amazing as everyone says it to be. I do enjoy it but with the online mode being a bit naff in the fact you can only have the time limit mode if you're playing with random people then it isnt that great. However with friends its much more fun I can tell you now. Expect to see my Brawl review appear on the member reviews section some time soon. As long as Hodgii will let me anyway
Chris
Chris

Male Number of posts : 75
Achievement Points :
Smash Bros Brawl Official Release Date - 27th June Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Smash Bros Brawl Official Release Date - 27th June Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Hodgie Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:40 pm

Chris wrote:well as I have the game (yes yes I imported) I can safely say that it is brilliant. Just dont expect for it to be as amazing as everyone says it to be. I do enjoy it but with the online mode being a bit naff in the fact you can only have the time limit mode if you're playing with random people then it isnt that great. However with friends its much more fun I can tell you now. Expect to see my Brawl review appear on the member reviews section some time soon. As long as Hodgii will let me anyway

That would be fantastic Chris! An import review would be great to have on the website. I'll be setting up a review guideline topic in the news board so if you're a little stuck just refer to there.
Very much appreciated you doing this!! Very Happy
Hodgie
Hodgie
Admin
Admin

Achievement Points :
Smash Bros Brawl Official Release Date - 27th June Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Smash Bros Brawl Official Release Date - 27th June Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:46 pm

No probs hodgii. I cant wait to get started and I might have to go on the game a bit to really make a good review. But I hope that once it is up everyone will enjoy it. It will be up by Sunday hopefully everyone
Chris
Chris

Achievement Points :

Back to top Go down

Post  Thatch Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:10 pm

Chris wrote:No probs hodgii. I cant wait to get started and I might have to go on the game a bit to really make a good review. But I hope that once it is up everyone will enjoy it. It will be up by Sunday hopefully everyone

That would be awesome Chris, especially for me. I've played through SSBM a bit and I generally suck, so you're review could be the main basis on me actually buying this or not. TBH I'm a wee bit sceptical of SSBB *runs*
Thatch
Thatch

Male Number of posts : 54
Achievement Points :
Smash Bros Brawl Official Release Date - 27th June Left_bar_bleue80 / 10080 / 100Smash Bros Brawl Official Release Date - 27th June Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post  sean_t Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:09 am

Wow I've not been on here on a while but this site looks like it is beggining to take off. I'll try to keep yous all up to date and will edit my first post to add info. Could i also just say hi to all the new members!
sean_t
sean_t

Achievement Points :

Back to top Go down

Post  Hodgie Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:29 am

sean_t wrote:Wow I've not been on here on a while but this site looks like it is beggining to take off. I'll try to keep yous all up to date and will edit my first post to add info. Could i also just say hi to all the new members!

Great! We're gonna need all the info we can get. Very Happy And let me be the first to say welcome back Sean_T! I'm ecstatic at the moment (can you tell from my PM?) the sites coming on soooo well! Very Happy
Hodgie
Hodgie
Admin
Admin

Achievement Points :

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:34 am

I dont like the news I am hearing. I have just read somewhere that Nintendo already have an update to block the freeloader. Well rest assured I deffinitely wont be updating until after the review. AND if I dont have to update for Wii Fit then I wont be bothered if they release an update because there arent that many games left that I want. Damn you Nintendo, why do you have to ruin all our fun but then give us so much Evil or Very Mad Razz
Chris
Chris

Achievement Points :

Back to top Go down

Post  Hodgie Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:18 pm

Haha Chris. That was a April fools joke, but it still might happen, have you got a source?
You do know that you can get a replacement disc free of charge from Code Junkies, right? You might want to check that out, only after the review! Very Happy
Hodgie
Hodgie
Admin
Admin

Achievement Points :

Back to top Go down

Post  sean_t Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:47 pm

Edited the first post with some basic information. Will add more content such as links to reviews etc later.
sean_t
sean_t

Achievement Points :

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:54 pm

Lol well according to somebody on ONM they already have an update ready to block the freeloader they just havent released it yet.... but you would think they would release it straight away if they did so I'm thinking its a lie. Yes I did know about the replacement disk to but I am hoping it wont have to resort to that
Chris
Chris

Achievement Points :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Dom Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:31 pm

Brawl is made of lose.

Mario Kart Wii is made of win.

Cpt. Dom

Male Number of posts : 12
Achievement Points :

Registration date : 2008-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:22 am

How is Brawl made of lose really. Everyone is saying that yet I completely disagree. I love it. Why it can be rubbish I really dont know seeing as though its the biggest game I have ever played. I just cant wait to see what you all think of the review. That should shut some doubters up or some people who just dont appreciate all of the game.
Chris
Chris

Achievement Points :

Back to top Go down

Post  NK3233 Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:28 pm

I is getn dis sune cos i imported.

I ordered it a few days ago, and it should arrive next week, excited!

NK3233

Number of posts : 6
Achievement Points :

Registration date : 2008-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:08 am

you should be its a brilliant game. You should just hope though that Nintendo arent stupid enough to block the freeloader because if they do that then they will probably lose a lot of their hardcore fan base because those are the types of people who are going to buy brawl, and because they still havent even given us a release date imported it. So basically if Nintendo block it they will anger their biggest fans (including myself)
Chris
Chris

Achievement Points :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down