Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guitar Hero: On Tour *56k*

+2
Adamc94
Thatch
6 posters

Go down

Guitar Hero: On Tour *56k* Empty Guitar Hero: On Tour *56k*

Post  Thatch Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:24 am

I've only just heard about this game and I'm excited already.
Guitar Hero has been very successfull on the home consoles, I love GH3.
Now Guitar Hero is coming to DS, but not as you would expect. It comes with a fret board with 4 buttons, and plugs in to the Game Boy Advance slot. Also with it is a plectrum for the touch screen.
Just like any other Guitar Hero, the player presses the button and strums (using the touch screen) to play the notes.

I can already see some flaws with GHOT though, such as there only being 4 frets as opposed to 5 on the home console guitars, and this is justified in that if we had to move our hands to reach that orange button then we'd drop the DS haha, though this means obviously the game won't be quite as hard as the home console versions.
Another is that GHOT will not support online. This is a big let down for many people excited about this game, though it does support DS Download so you can play with friends close by.
I think Guitar Hero: On Tour is set to actually make me pick up my DS, after months of it gathering dust as I can't really be bothered going through that same dungeon in Zelda: PH. Shocked

Here is the song list for GHOT:
Do What You Want - OK Go
All The Small Things - Blink 182
Spiderwebs - No Doubt
Are You Gona Be My Girl - Jet
We're Not Gonna Take It - Twisted Sister
All Star - Smash Mouth
Breed - Nirvana
Jessie's Girl - Rick Springfield
Hit Me With Your Best Shot - Pat Benatar
This Love - Maroon 5
Heaven - Los Lonely Boys
Helicopter - Bloc Party
China Grove - The Doobie Brothers
Rock and Roll All Nite - KISS
What I Want - Daughtry

...To be honest that song list has put me off the game.

Guitar Hero: On Tour *56k* Gh-on-12

For more info on the game visit:
http://www.guitarheroontour.com/gb or http://www.guitarheroontour.com
Hope it helps!

Last edited by Thatch on Sun May 11, 2008 8:35 pm; edited 9 times in total
Thatch
Thatch

Male Number of posts : 54
Achievement Points :
Guitar Hero: On Tour *56k* Left_bar_bleue80 / 10080 / 100Guitar Hero: On Tour *56k* Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-30

Back to top Go down

Guitar Hero: On Tour *56k* Empty Re: Guitar Hero: On Tour *56k*

Post  Adamc94 Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:29 am

Thatch wrote:I've only just heard about this game and I'm excited already.
Guitar Hero has been very successfull on the home consoles, I love GH3.
Now Guitar Hero is coming to Wii, and its not as you would expect. It comes with a fret board with 4 buttons, and plugs in to the Game Boy Advance slot. Also with it is a plectrum for the touch screen.
Just like any other Guitar Hero, the player presses the button and strums (using the touch screen) to play the notes.

I think Guitar Hero: On Tour is set to actually make me pick up my DS, after months of it gathering dust as I can't really be bothered going through that same dungeon in Zelda: PH. Shocked

I agree. This game looks set to add to my DS games. It seems to be a great use of DS controls, and one of those games that you enjoy playing every now and then. Certainly worth buying! Is it online though?

Wink

Last edited by Adamc94 on Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Adamc94
Adamc94

Male Number of posts : 39
Achievement Points :
Guitar Hero: On Tour *56k* Left_bar_bleue20 / 10020 / 100Guitar Hero: On Tour *56k* Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-17

http://www.freewebs.com/adamc94

Back to top Go down

Post  Thatch Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:32 am

WTF are you talking about?
darn
Thatch
Thatch

Achievement Points :
Guitar Hero: On Tour *56k* Left_bar_bleue80 / 10080 / 100Guitar Hero: On Tour *56k* Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  Adamc94 Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:17 am

Thatch wrote:WTF are you talking about?
darn

Hehe Laughing*

After some further research about this game. I have decided not to buy it. Purely because there is no online! Surprised ...

*Edit button Adam - Hodgie.
Adamc94
Adamc94

Male Number of posts : 39
Achievement Points :
Guitar Hero: On Tour *56k* Left_bar_bleue20 / 10020 / 100Guitar Hero: On Tour *56k* Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-17

http://www.freewebs.com/adamc94

Back to top Go down

Post  Thatch Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:59 pm

Yeah for £50 not to have online is a bit of a con. I still think I'm going to get it though, that is if my parents let me dig into my savings account Rolling Eyes
Thatch
Thatch

Achievement Points :

Back to top Go down

Post  Hodgie Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:48 am

Cheers for this Thatch. Guitar Hero on the DS should be great, but the lack of online is disappointing as you say! I feel an article coming on. Good post anyway, much more of these! Oh and look, someones forgotten the rules. Razz Adam's not mod material at the moment! Haha, sharpen up... Wink
Hodgie
Hodgie
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 93
Achievement Points :
Guitar Hero: On Tour *56k* Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Guitar Hero: On Tour *56k* Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-02-02

https://nintendoblog.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:40 pm

I just cannot wait much longer for a portable GH. I love GH3 and with the possibility to take it into school.. well I like Razz As long as the controls and strumming works well I cant see why I wont be buying this on release date
Chris
Chris

Male Number of posts : 75
Achievement Points :
Guitar Hero: On Tour *56k* Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Guitar Hero: On Tour *56k* Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:06 am

My hand is cramping just by looking at that picture... I think I'll stick with Guitar Hero III. :joker:
Jimmy
Jimmy

Male Number of posts : 12
Achievement Points :
Guitar Hero: On Tour *56k* Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Guitar Hero: On Tour *56k* Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:30 am

I am a bit sceptical about the strumming and how good that will be. I could really see this game being let down by just the strumming as it is a vital part of the game and must be easy to do especially when you have massively long rows of the same note
Chris
Chris

Achievement Points :

Back to top Go down

Post  Thatch Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:20 pm

Chris wrote:I am a bit sceptical about the strumming and how good that will be. I could really see this game being let down by just the strumming as it is a vital part of the game and must be easy to do especially when you have massively long rows of the same note

Well you surprisingly make a strum motion on the DS screen. You don't even have to hit the strings, you can strum anywhere on the screen.

Also, its been said that because of the design of the DS you can only have 3 fingers on the frets without dropping it, so you will still have to move your hand, though to get to the blue fret instead of orange on the home consoles.
Thatch
Thatch

Achievement Points :

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:19 am

Yes but I'm left handed so could this whole game just not work on my DS because I would have to hold it the other way around for it to be comfortable. I hope they do make it left handed as well or I will go crazy. Twisted Evil
Chris
Chris

Achievement Points :

Back to top Go down

Post  Hazza Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:27 am

this does look like a very good game though i am awful at guitar hero for the wii and i have traded in my DS but it is a good idea by Nintendo and does look like fun i think its one of the best DS games in a while and thats why i got rid of my DS because of the lack of good games
Hazza
Hazza

Number of posts : 8
Achievement Points :

Back to top Go down

Post  Hodgie Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:48 pm

Chris wrote:Yes but I'm left handed so could this whole game just not work on my DS because I would have to hold it the other way around for it to be comfortable. I hope they do make it left handed as well or I will go crazy. Twisted Evil

I'm sure they'll be an option for lefties like our good selfs! Very Happy
Hodgie
Hodgie
Admin
Admin

Achievement Points :
Guitar Hero: On Tour *56k* Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Guitar Hero: On Tour *56k* Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:13 am

Hodgie wrote:
Chris wrote:Yes but I'm left handed so could this whole game just not work on my DS because I would have to hold it the other way around for it to be comfortable. I hope they do make it left handed as well or I will go crazy. Twisted Evil

W000T I'm not the only lefty Very Happy

Also I wonder what songs are going to be on this GH. I wonder if they will have some more recent ones and possibly dare I say it. A song by Feeder Cheek
Chris
Chris

Achievement Points :

Back to top Go down

Post  Thatch Sun May 11, 2008 8:33 pm

Chris wrote:
Hodgie wrote:

W000T I'm not the only lefty Very Happy

Also I wonder what songs are going to be on this GH. I wonder if they will have some more recent ones and possibly dare I say it. A song by Feeder Cheek

Smile Updating the post with the song list nao. If you're like me, you'll be disappointed.
Thatch
Thatch

Achievement Points :

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Thu May 15, 2008 9:58 am

I was thoroughly dissapointed to see the crappy song list for this GH. I'll still get it mind in hope there is an unlockable Feeder song. Rolling Eyes As you can tell I am a huge Feeder fan Very Happy Also I will get it because it is GH and I love the games and I dont care what the songs are on it.
Chris
Chris

Achievement Points :

Back to top Go down

Post  Hodgie Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:22 pm

Chris wrote:I was thoroughly dissapointed to see the crappy song list for this GH. I'll still get it mind in hope there is an unlockable Feeder song. Rolling Eyes As you can tell I am a huge Feeder fan Very Happy Also I will get it because it is GH and I love the games and I dont care what the songs are on it.

I know you're a huge Feeder Fan, and the new album's out soon! Wink As for GH, I still need to get it. Might get Rockband later when the price goes down... if that ever happens.
Hodgie
Hodgie
Admin
Admin

Achievement Points :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum